CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sneak in Smoothie

A friend at church gets her kids to drink this every morning.  I've been meaning to try it with Annabeth.  I like the idea of sneaking in vegetables for her....and me!

"Sneak-it-in Smoothie"

Pour 1 c. juice into blender (orange and pineapple are good choices--apple's not bad either)
Add spinach up to the top of the blender and blend until the spinach is no longer detectable.
Add everything else at this point:
about 1 c. frozen fruit (strawberries, pineapple, peaches are good choices--whatever you have)
1 frozen banana (it doesn't have to be frozen, but I think it makes the smoothie better when it's frozen)
handful of baby carrots
flax seed or ground flax (I buy this in bulk at Sprouts), optional
zucchini--about 2-4 inches, optional
anything else you might want to throw in there (leftover fruits or vegetables you want to throw in or canned or fresh fruit such as oranges, peaches, pineapple, collard greens, kale, baby food!--experiment, it's fun!)
Blend until smooth and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually DYING to do this. It's been a rough summer without a blender. I'm thinking when we get back to DC we'll drink our meals for a few days. Never thought about adding carrots before but I bet it would really go well. I think I could do all of this except for the zucchini. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

    ps. does your spinach get all chopped up? I think I tried Kale once and we had to chew our smoothies. Ew right? Maybe I need a different blender though...

    ReplyDelete