CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Weekday dinners

Hey sisters! I've been struggling a bit lately with what to cook for regular old weeknights and have come across a couple of recipes that are pretty good. Well, one is pretty good and the other is pretty damn awesome. I found a new foodie friend who recommended a blog called Annie's Eats. Her chicken gyro recipe is tasty and I espcially love her tzasiki sauce. I'm bored of my tzasiki recipe and this one has a little kick to it. I think this is a great summer dinner to pack up and take to the pool or a park.
http://www.annies-eats.com/2009/06/02/chicken-gyros/

The other recipe is one if those "you made this?' recipes. I've never made my own red sauce. For as much as I like to cook I've always bought the stuff in jars but I don't know if I can go back to the way I was living before after trying this. It's Ina Garten's weeknight bolognese. Put it on your grocery list. And buy the red wine, just don't take your 4 year old... The alchohol cooks out and the flavor it leaves behind is incredible.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/weeknight-bolognese-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment