CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Larabars

I posted this on fb but I wanted to put it on the blog as well. She has a whole site devoted to healthy desserts. I know right? What a waste of time and ingredients. I would never have tried these if my friend had not already made them and let me taste test a couple. They taste divine, rich, not healthy at all...but they are. After making one of two you can create your own combinations of nuts and dried fruits. All she does is grind walnuts, dates, and unsweetened cocoa powder with a little salt and vanilla (and yes a few chocolate chips if you so fancy...we do). We roll them into little balls of goodness and wrap them up in wax paper (cuz really now, what else is wax paper really good for?) and store them in the freezer. I love this one: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/12/hot-fudge-brownie-larabars/
I really want to try this one: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/24/peanut-butter-cookie-dough-cookies/
But my absolute favorite is a combination my friend came up with. 1 c cashews, a handful of dates, zest of one lemon, some dried cherries and a few white chocolate chips. Oh, and a pinch of salt. Wow! These are amazing. It's great to wrap them up individually so you can just take one out as a quick treat whenever you want. And you don't feel bad about it b/c it's just nuts and dried fruit. Make them! Do it! You'll become an addict like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment