CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Roasted Acorn Squash Quesidillas

I got a bag of acorn squash from a friend last week. Uh, thanks. Actually (can you tell it's Mandy will all my "actually"s?) it led to one of my most recent cullinary obsessions. I started looking around for ways to use it up and came across this one on Smitten Kitchen. I didn't follow her recipe exactly but they turned out so wonderfully. I didn't know I liked acorn squash. No, I love it. It was delicious just roasted but added to the mixture for the quesidillas and it was heavenly. I used red pepper instead of pablano and just sauteed them in the pan with the onion and garlic. I did not add the jalapeno. I used whole wheat tortillas and a small amount of mexican cheese. I didn't even make the salsa to go with it- although I'm doing that this week (when I make this dish for the third time in 7 days). It was so healthy and had such a great flavor. Fox loved it. I loved it. Andrew thought it was pretty good and Eden hated it but ate every bite. I made it the next day and regrettably shared my leftovers with my neighbor who abslutely loved it. I made the whole thing again the next day just for myself and had leftovers the following day. I'm looking forward to making it again this week.
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/10/acorn-squash-quesadillas-tomatillo-salsa/

No comments:

Post a Comment