CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chick on a Stick

One of my many new year's resolutions this year was to cook dinner.  Sad, I know....the last few months were so hectic that dinners consisted of quesadillas, packaged pasta, cereal and the kids favorite - whatever your heart desires.  This is one resolution that so far I'm sticking with and having fun doing!  I know it's only been 3 weeks but hey it's a start.  I love trying new recipes, having the kids help me in the kitchen, just smelling something yummy, and the excitement they have for dinner which makes for much better conversations at the table.  We have even eaten at the dining room table which is usually reserved for Sunday dinners and whatever they deem a fancy dinner.  Last night was deemed fancy....even though the real reason was the kitchen table was covered in crafty crap.  Whatever the reason they loved dinner and it makes me happy to know I made something they enjoyed!  What fancy dinner did we eat you may ask?  Chick on a Stick!  So not fancy!  A friend of mine shared this simple recipe in a ward cookbook and I've been meaning to try it for months. Here it is-

4-5 chicken breast, thawed and cut into strips OR I just used tenderloins
marinade of your choice (30 minute ones work great)
skewers (soaked in water for about 20 minutes)

Marinate chicken at least 30 mins.  Soak skewers in water.  Make chicken skewers by putting chicken strips on skewers.  Line a cookie sheet with foil and broil the chicken on each side for 8-9 minutes.  Eat right off the stick!

Last night we had teriyaki chick on a stick paired with fried rice but the possibilities are endless....lemon pepper, bbq, etc...Yum!
shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment