CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lebanese-Style Red Lentil Soup

Lebanese-Style Red Lentil Soup

I really like this lentil soup recipe. You could even use it as a sauce to pour over some basmati rice. Andrew doesn't like it b/c it cleans him out. That shouldn't be a worry with us Thompson girls though. The kiddos love this too. Super healthy too.

My changes- I saute the onions and garlic together first, then add broth and lentils. I use veggie broth cubes to make this totally vegetarian/vegan. Sometimes I shred a couple of carrots and saute them with the onions too for extra veggies. I never have cilantro on hand so I rarely add that. And it calls for too much lemon juice- maybe cut it in half. Oh and, I never blend it. Just let it simmer longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment