CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Smoothies

One thing we love to make in the warmer months are smoothies for breakfast. Here are a couple of the combinations we've found that we like. They are all really similar though and you can add and take away whatever you please and it will still be delish!

The basic three ingredients to my smoothies that never change are the following. THis is your base.
Plain yogurt (I always buy it in the big containers)
pineapple juice
honey (we prefer clover)

I fill up my blender about 1/4 to 1/3 full of plain yogurt. Add a cup or more of pineapple juice (more or less depending on how thick you want it). Then add a cup or two of frozen strawberries and a frozen banana (I freeze my ripe bananas). You may want to add even more quantities of fruit depending on how many smoothies you want to make. Then add about 4 T honey (or more to taste). I've also tried strawberries and peaches. Blueberries and bananas. And this morning we did mango, strawberries and banana- a new summertime favorite I think.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment